Re: [DEHAI] Sophia Tesfamariam - Prospect of Eritrea Foreign Minister or United Nations Ambassador or Office of the President Spokes Woman

From: Savi Alazar (SaviAlazar@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 15 2009 - 15:37:10 EST

Dear Biniam,

Thank you for your awesome support of my idea! In purpose, I gave the three options for our readers to think about it.

I believe strongly that she is the best candidate as a Foreign Minster rather, because as Foreign Minister our weakest area is to conquer the political barrier with the western world that purposely isolates Eritrea. To that end, Sophia pops up in my mind as the right person who is cable of managing and challenging in a positive way the western culture than anyone that I have ever come across. The relation with Middle East for Eritrea is not as challenging as the West because we have ample candidates who are affluent in Arabic who can work with her if she is elected. It is good to speak Arabic but not a decisive to get things done in the middle east, as we all know the middle eastern they are fluent in English and highly Western educated ministers. Therefore, knowing Arabic is good to have but not MUST have to be the ideal Foreign Minister. Keep in mind the middle eastern have high regards and respect for individuals who are affluent in English and highly educated. We need to keep balance in our foreign relations, due to our geographical proximity we should not dominant our idea that our best allies are mainly from the Middle East. For example, we have good relation with Iran and Iranians they do not speak Arabic. I believe Iran will play a bigger role in Eritrea's future and our foreign minister does not need to speak Arabic but English.

Trust me folks the West is more nervous and eager to renew "economic" relation with Eritrea because we have Iran and China in the play ground, so they want to show their presence in Eritrea one way or the other. The reason I feel that we are better off to bring on board someone who speaks their culture: Sophia

All the signs in Eritrea shows that Eritrea is ready for someone like Sophia, now, that we have our sovereign nation for xx amount of years, we need to act bolder and faster and move on with the right candidates at the right place and at the right time. We have got so many things to catch up with the rest of the world and we cannot afford to wait until we solve one problem at-a-time. We need to multi-task. We need to speed up by thinking and executing fast and accurate. I believe this is the good timing for us to push passive-aggressively our relations with Europe for starters then US will follow. Eritrea has demonstrated politically and economically as iconic independent nation that walks its talk and no-nonsense. And that is HUGE.

Hello folks. the only thing that stay permanent is CHANGE. And things do change and we need think where are we going to be when the CHANGE happens? We need to picture ourselves 100 years from now to the least. where do we want to be??? I prefer that we build and maintain a society that knows how to manage and conquer our barriers between the East and the West; between the North and the South without compromising the value of our fallen heroes.

Thanks Biniam for getting back so quickly.

Savi

Savi!

I agree wholeheartedly with most of what you said. I think Sophia
Tesfamariam has proven beyond any possible doubt that she is highly
intelligent, very well informed and very competent, and most
importantly, she is a person of integrity and honor. Having said that, I
think that Sophia's God given talents could make her the perfect
candidate for a variety of high-profile government jobs. Given the fact
that Sophia has an excellent grasp of international issues, she speaks
perfect English and she is a terrific debater, I think the Eritrean
Ambassador to UN would be perfect for her. It wouldn't bother me if PIA
appointed Sophia as Eritrea's first female Foreign Minister, I am sure
that she would make a great FM, but I don't know if our country is quite
ready for it yet. I think the ability to speak and comprehend the Arabic
language is an essential qualification for anyone aspiring to become the
Eritrean FM, considering that countries like Libya and Qatar are
Eritrea's best allies and Eritrea is surrounded by Arab and
predominantly Islamic countries where women still live in male dominated
societies. Needless to say, Eritrea cannot just ignore the culture,
religion and way of life of her neighbours and allies.

Biniam Haile

From: Savi Alazar ( <mailto:SaviAlazar@gmail.com> SaviAlazar@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 13 2009 - 21:35:28 EST

Dear all,

I just want and on behalf of my friends to congratulate and say thank
you to Sophia's on her unequivocal talent and accomplishments on
promoting the true image of Eritrea to the ill-informed western
audience. Most Eritreans are proud of her accomplishments on how she
exposed the true western political motives to intimidate and threaten
Eritrea. Thanks to her relentless writing she put our adversaries at bay
and she raised many westerns awareness about true nature of our nation.

I believe Sophia will even serve Eritrea better if she was the United
Nation's Ambassador or the Foreign Minister or Eritrea's President
Spokes Woman. Why not? If I was the president, I would not hesitate to
make that offer and I hope she will not turn it down. Think about it,
she is the best candidate for this job, because she has all the
preferred qualifications. We need someone who represent Eritrea in the
Western culture as sharp, as resourceful, as confident, as
knowledgeable, as aggressive, as articulate, and as contained as Sophia
Tesfamariam. Her pen is sharper than a sword and for those who
understand her writing sophistication it is one in kind and she inspires
the younger generation to progress in the Eritrean Political Foreign
Affairs.

I hope to see soon one of Sophia's best selling books on Eritrea-Western
Relations on C-Span and Book TV as well.

Savi