[DEHAI] What our eye can't see our mind can

From: Assefaw, Yonatan (yassefaw@tcfbank.com)
Date: Fri Mar 13 2009 - 12:27:49 EST

Do you know that Mathematics is a dogma.
Pupil learn it without not knowing the application of it.
Hoping one day they will apply it in practical.

Have you wondered why some country are advance
in artificial intelligence and some are not ?
Have ask yourself why some pupil feel that mathematics
difficult ?

This kind of mind boggling questions lead me to
have doubt on the educational system of the west.

So, I start questioning everything that I am learning
but it was not clear until I start reading books
"Mind and Tools" and the history of mathematics
and why Isaac Newton & the German
mathematician Leipzig were try to take so much credit
who contributed calculus ? why it is so much important ?
because it was controversial ? Those two mathematician
who suppose changed or introduce new kind of mathematics
which made mathematics abstract or difficult from where they
derived (old way of teaching mathematics)

Today pupils learn or know only what so called calculus which
means they will have no clue the application of it until they know
from where it was derived it from calculus itself. This will leads math
to be dogma.

So, what do we need to do ?
In addition learning mathematics pupil need to read history of mathematics
to find out that how some clever mathematician try to twist change)
mathematics also we need to
prepare math text books with new standard ourselves.

Finally I would like to say about mathematics we need to
questioned Graphing ???"

Thank you
Yonatan Solomon
Minnesota