[DEHAI] Re: The Arctic in NATO's Crosshair......

From: Amare T (amaret@ymail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2009 - 00:25:56 EST

Dear Berhan, For to long, I have enjoyed your contribution in Dehai tremendously . Of late, however, and particularly your most recent input re: the war of words in the Arctic has me wondering if this was a " ..or is it Memorex" moment. I could not fathom whether it was meant for comic relief or to ridicule. If so, who is the butt of your joke? Extolling the Eritrean government for its track record of resorting to diplomacy and the rule of law to resolve disagreements with its neighbors is an outlandish a statement as they come. To bestow such an accolade to a government that moved, with reckless haste, to war with Ethiopia, Yemen, and now with Djibouti is laughable and an ultimate hyperbolizing.   In a recent posting a certain Michael Abraham courageously admonished Dehair's to bring into accord with reason the myth that the West is the only culprit in the blame game. Instead of rushing to construct a halo around the head of the GoE, we should exercise introspection and apportion blame evenly, because there is enough blame to go around. It is just silly to absolve the GoE from any fault and blame only external actors for Eritrea's predicament.                        “To those leaders around the globe who seek to                  saw conflict, or blame their society’s ills on the                  West  --  know that your people will judge you                  on what you can build, not what you can destroy.                  To those who cling to power through corruption                  and deceit and the silencing of DISSENT, know                  that you are on the wrong side of history; but that                  we will extend a hand if you are willing to                  UNCLENCH your fist.”   The quote above as delivered in his inaugural address poignantly epitomizes President Obama’s foreign police and will serve as an unequivocal response to the incoherent gibberish courtesy of Messrs. Zeyhilel and H. Abraham. Some personalities PIA undiplomatically belittled in years past are back on the scene, front and center, to haunt him. In response to the resolution passed by the Security Council a few weeks ago, I am surprised France has not been singled out as the "enemy of the week." as has been the case with Ethiopia, the US, the Brits, the UN-SC and the "tiny poodle" as Mr. Abraham referred to Djibouti. Pretty soon Eritrea will run out of enemies.   If we really love our country and care for our people we should demand of our government the immediate implementation of the constitution and the rule of law. So that you know, I am not writing anything novel here but to urge you to unburden yourself and un-bury your head from under the sand and not to resist the temptation to acknowledge that this is an issue millions of Eritreans passionately hash over in the privacy of their living rooms.      Regards,   Amare