[DEHAI] New US administration said ready to forge existing ties with Ethiopia: Weyane

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2009 - 16:46:05 EST

sam abrams [samab2021@yahoo.com]

African Affairs Phillip Carter said [ENA] The U.S. Administration ready
to forge existing ties with Ethiopia (WHO IS PHILLIP CARTER ? PLEASE
READ THE INFO I HAVE FOR YOU ON HIS BACKGROUND)

ETHIOPIAN NEWS AGENCY

New US administration said ready to forge existing ties with Ethiopia

African Affairs Phillip Carter said [ENA] The U.S. Administration ready
to forge existing ties with Ethiopia (WHO IS PHILLIP CARTER ? PLEASE
READ THE INFO I HAVE FOR YOU ON HIS BACKGROUND)

Addis Ababa, January 31, 2009 (Addis Ababa) - The new US administration
is desirous to forge existing strong relations and strengthen multi
faceted development cooperation with Ethiopia, a US government official
said.

While conferring with Prime |Minister Meles Zenawi here on Friday,
Acting Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Phillip Carter
said the new US administration would continue to contribute to peace and
development in Africa.

Carter told journalists that the two sides had fruitful discussion.

He said he and Meles discussed Ethiopia's leadership role in Africa and
its environs.

The two officials exchanged views on ways of strengthening bilateral
relations between the two countries, according to a Spokesperson of the
Ministry of Foreign Affairs..

The two parties also discussed ways of bringing tranquility in the Horn
of Africa especially in Somalia.

T:10:00-10:17

<http://www.barackobama.com/2007/10/02/experts_praise_barack_obama_on.ph
p>
http://www.barackobama.com/2007/10/02/experts_praise_barack_obama_on.php

EXPERTS PRAISE BARACK OBAMA ON CHANGING CONVENTIONAL FOREIGN POLICY
THINKING

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, OCTOBER 2, 2007

ONE OF THOSE EXPERTS WHO PRAISED OBAMA IS THE CURRENT Acting Assistant
Secretary Phillip Carter, who leads the Bureau of African Affairs, the
division of the Department of State that advises the Secretary about
sub-Saharan Africa. ( <http://www.state.gov/p/af>
http://www.state.gov/p/af)

HERE BELOW IS WHAT PHILLIP CARTER SAID ON OCTOBER 2, 2007

"I'm supporting Senator Barack Obama for president because he will bring
strategic clarity to the White House. In October 2002, when official
Washington was marching to war, Senator Obama had the foresight to read
the available intelligence closely, and think carefully about the
consequences of America's planned invasion of Iraq. Instead of going
along with the Bush administration and supporting the war, as most
Democrats did, Sen. Obama opposed it, calling it a strategic blunder.
Today, he is using that same leadership and judgment to chart a new
course, one that uses a responsible and forward-looking approach to the
use of military power across the globe. I believe Obama will make the
right decisions in the future about war and peace." [Phillip Carter;
Former Army Captain and Iraq Veteran]

CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR A PDF

http://obama.3cdn.net/19124d978937174010_i5m6bxaav.pdf