[DEHAI] (Hiiran) Somali people, ARS Asmara faction deserve apology from TNG - Djibouti

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2009 - 02:26:57 EST

Djibouti Summit: Beautiful ones are not yet born

by Abdikarim H. Abdi Buh

Monday, January 26, 2009

I would be excused I presume, if I fail to point out with accuracy
whether the forth coming enlarged TNG Djibouti one is the 12th or the
13th as I witnessed so many of them which all ended up, without
exception, in a quick cot death. It is apparent that the Sharif party
(ARS Djibouti Faction) dissolved itself willingly by signing the
infamous agreement with the TNG and hence is a full member of the new
TNG, albeit much weaker then it is predecessor. After killing countless
innocent civilians and displacing so many, it is no surreptitious that
the TNG control is restricted to few houses in Mogadishu and literally
their own offices in Baidabo which will certainly fall into the domain
of Al Shabab and its Islamist allies as soon as the last Ethiopian
convoy leaves the town. I am sure Baidao people will join the serenity
other regions were enjoying for the first time in two years. The Sheikh
Sharif(ARS Djibouti faction) choose without any coercion to go in to
power sharing agreement with an already dead TNG who failed both
politically, morally and militarily and who in the first place had no
legitimacy in the eyes of the people.

Brief dialogue with the conscience of Sheikh Sharif

The ARS's, which you were the chairman, goal was nothing less then the
total liberation of Somalia from the despicable TNG and its stooges and
by God's grace ARS succeeded after two years of relentless struggle.
Amazing! Is your unilateral decision to split the party when the goal is
within a reach by curving out what named itself as ARS Djibouti faction
which is an act of treason and slap on the face of those who paid heavy
price during the war of liberation and hence is a prelude to the
commencement of an avoidable new prolonged civil war. The ARS - Asmara
and its affiliated groups who control the bulk of the country made their
position clear - that they will neither negotiate with the TNG nor
allow the invading foreign army to sleep in peace.

The sheikh also appears to have forgotten that the TNG is a bouquet made
of warlords trained as blood hounds by the Ethiopian military
intelligence and latter hammered into TNG to further the interest of
their master. TNG was the creation of IGAD with Ethiopia at its helm and
has the interest of Ethiopia and Kenya at its heart and for that matter
nothing of substance was in for the Somalis because of the fact that the
Somalis have no representation in the board room. The Sheikh seems to
have forgotten his perseverance that foreign troops has to leave as they
are for the protection of the TNG - I believe their mandate was neither
for peace keeping nor for peace enforcement but sort of mercenary army
paid by the CIA Djibouti station on behalf of the so called TNG as the
AU has no resources to sustain a contingent of that size for two years.

 The Sheikh seems to have forgotten that TNG is the same one who had
given licence to the Americans to bomb him and his companions from the
air and the Ethiopians on the ground even after they vacated Mogadishu
and running for their lives in the Jungles of Kismayo region. If all of
the above are inconsequential to ring a single bell in the complex mind
of the Sharif, then what about the one and half million people; who were
made Internally displaced people (IDPS) and the hundreds of thousands
slaughtered by the Ethiopian artillery and bayonet even when we sweep
under the carpet the destruction to the capital city ?.

The Sharif mysteriously have fallen in love with the same men who were
harassing, maiming, torturing and selling the community notables for
profit without remorse for the last two decades and to add an insult to
injury sold his soul and career for the sake of exorcising a heavily
possessed beings .

 Political Mistake that united enemies

The Djibouti TNG which is in the making has excelled its predecessors as
its death is some what instantaneous because it passed away while it is
still on the drawing board and it succeeded to equally confuse all of
it's would be stake holders as no party(Somalis, Ethiopia, Kenya and the
likes) can see it's interest addressed. The Djibouti TNG is some what
bankrupt of realistic political agenda that can bring a semblance of
comfort to a nation yearning for peace and reconciliation or for the
same token neighbours nervous about a possible spill over of ideologies
they perceive as destabilizing.

The Al - Shabab and its affiliated Islamist groups are in full control
of the bulk of Southern Somalia including I hope shortly Baidao, which
is the seat of the TNG ,and also has a growing number of sympathisers in
Puntland and Somali Land as their ideology straddles across the
regressive clan politics. The Islamic courts led by the real ARS -
Asmara faction, Somaliland and Puntland are in mutual agreement, in the
short term, in negating the recognition of the Djibouti TNG and like
most of the Somalis I am wondering if they will get a plane to bring
them back to Mogadishu as securing a landing right in Mogadishu Airport
will soon be beyond the capabilities of the Ugandan TNG military police
as the Islamic court fighters are in the midst of training their air
defence cadres.

Ethiopia and Kenya are surprisingly disappointed too with the TNG
Djibouti because their interest of securing stable but weak and
fragmented federal state of Somalia is beyond reach and what took its
place is fluid in a plastic which is constantly changing shape. This
native resistance religious groups which are gaining the hearts and
minds of the people by the hour is a new phenomenon that they admittedly
have no arsenal to fight with. With a new administration now in the oval
office; Ethiopia, Kenya and the CIA station in Djibouti are very much
worried that AL- Shabab might consolidate its grip in Southern Somalia
before they learn the new language of president Obama who unlike Bush is
believed to be more prudent when it comes to military adventurism and
labelling countries as terrorists - the golden currency of the bygone
Bush era.

One Way ticket to hell

Some of the so called TNG - Djibouti lead by the Sharif will ultimately
take the risk of returning to Mogadishu to start beating the old age
tribal drums but I am afraid this might not work this time. The Sharif
and his party already played that card when they accepted that
parliamentary seats should be apportioned according to the 4.5 formula.
There are no shortages of able bodies who were not accommodated by the
formula and who are eager to join the Al- Shabab just to take revenge
and settle scores with the TNG who selected their foes although they
hail from the same tribe. It is common knowledge that major clans of
Mogadishu and others already showed their displeasure with Djibouti TNG
out come and some publicly declared that they are with the resistance.

Transitional government must earn legitimacy first and for most from its
people and only then it is open to international recognition not vice
versa. The reality on the ground is that Islamic Courts led by Al
-Shabab control most of the southern and central Somalia, Puntland
controls North East and Somaliland controls North West - then where does
the TNG controls and who it represents? I think the Sharif will start
some sort of civil war in Mogadishu which might not live long because
the tribalism is becoming obsolete in the face of Al-Shabab as it is
demonstrated in the regions they govern. I am sure the Sharif will have
no choice but to accept defeat and leave the country or end up as a
warlord working for Ethiopia which I believe he can because it is said
"once a liar is always a liar".

The Somali people and the Islamic courts led by the real ARS Asmara
deserve a genuine apology from the so called TNG - Djibouti before they
go into exile or disband themselves peacefully as this current effort to
revive the TNG seems laughable because the content of the Djibouti
summit seems inadequate to respond to the challenges posed by the ever
increasing changes on the ground.

Abdikarim H. Abdi Buh

Email: abdikarimbuh@yahoo.com

http://www.hiiraan.com/op2/2009/jan/djibouti_summit_beautiful_ones_are_n