[DEHAI] Re: Is Obama in the Pocket of AIPAC?

From: Bereket Kidane (welela83@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2009 - 22:33:58 EST

Well, we don't know that but let me say this about most politicians in the U.S.  I recently watched "Charlie Wilson's War" on DVD starring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts.  I highly recommend it by the way.   The movie is about the life of Texas Congressman Charlie Wilson, who conspired with a CIA operative to organize the Afghan Mujahadeen in their fight against the Soviets in the 1980s.  It is based on his life story.

Eventhough Congressman Charlie Wilson is from Texas, when asked who elected him, he answers "The Jews."  Mind you that there are practically no Jews in his district, but he goes on to explain, "Voters do not elect politicians.  Contributors do."

So to the extent that President Obama has raised big sums of money from Jewish donors and bundlers on Wall Street and Hollywood, yes he is going to be answerable to them to some extent.  It doesn't make him a bad person.  That is just how the system works.