[DEHAI] Americans Refuse to Accept Reality

From: wolda002@umn.edu
Date: Sat Jan 17 2009 - 00:40:57 EST

Americans Refuse to Accept Reality
By Timothy V. Gatto
Jan 15, 2009, 12:54

Sometimes I feel as if I’ve been writing about the mistakes our country
is making for most of my life. It has only been a little over six years;
still I end up writing about the same issues. Usually I write about how we
are either killing people overseas, or helping other countries to kill
people. Every time I write an article I believe that maybe it will do some
good. The truth is that while one or two people understand what I’m
trying to point out, most times what I write about falls on deaf ears.

I remember the late sixties and early 70’s. Even though I was in the Army
at the time in a strictly defensive job, I still managed to make the
protests and marched in the marches. I thought that Americans had become
aware of what this country was all about and that my generation would have
some say in stopping the endless wars and help stop the rape of the third
world.

Then the Vietnam War was over and most people cut their hair and joined the
mainstream of American life, turning their backs on the things that they
had felt so strongly about. Ford then Carter and then Reagan with his
voodoo economics delivered the excitement of the chase for the almighty
dollar. The people who once demonstrated in Chicago and Detroit and Kent
State and West Potomac Park were looking for “positions” and were
building their “portfolios”. The age of the flower child died and the
age of consumerism took its place.

When I left the Army in 1995, the country wasn’t doing that badly. Nobody
knew that we were using depleted uranium (DU) in Bosnia. Nobody really
noticed when Bill Clinton signed the first draconian terrorism bill that
weakened 1st amendment privileges among other things. We didn’t seem to
be watching as the President expanded his powers as we were too shocked at
the bombing in Oklahoma and the attack on the USS Cole to notice.

When Bush became President, nobody had him pegged for what he was. When he
brought in recycled Nixon People and Reagan people, everyone seemed totally
complacent. The disaster of 9/11 brought an entire new paradigm in American
thinking. The Israeli movers that had a camcorder on the top of an adjacent
building and started dancing around when the first plane hit the towers
were arrested and quietly sent back to Israel.

This information given to the Bush Administration was ignored. The main
attempt of the administration was to invent a huge group of militant
Muslims operating in 87 countries that was led by Osama Bin Laden. The name
of this Washington invention was called al Qaeda. This in Arabic means
“The Base”. It was originally a database. This is what Wayne Madson
wrote about al Qaeda:

    Shortly before his untimely death, former British Foreign Secretary
Robin Cook told the House of Commons that “Al Qaeda” is not really a
terrorist group but a database of international mujaheddin and arms
smugglers used by the CIA and Saudis to funnel guerrillas, arms, and money
into Soviet-occupied Afghanistan. Courtesy of World Affairs, a journal
based in New Delhi, WMR can bring you an important excerpt from an
Apr.-Jun. 2004 article by Pierre-Henry Bunel, a former agent for French
military intelligence. - Wayne Madsen Report

This is the group that the Bush Administration used to strike fear into the
hearts of Americans. The more fearful the population, the more power for
the government, it didn’t stop there however; he tried to tie Iraq into
the events of 9/11. When that didn’t work he started a mass deception in
that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction aimed at America.

That’s when people of conscience started writing articles shooting holes
in the administrations rhetoric. It hasn’t stopped yet. All through the
internet the truth has been told and told correctly and the majority of
Americans still refuse to listen. We are now bogged down in two wars and
Israel is committing war crimes and genocide against the Palestinian people
with America’s blessing. We have elected a new President that has
appointed Democratic Neo-Cons to his cabinet that have never seen a
military action that they didn’t support. Obama and Biden both accused
Russia of invading “The peaceful tiny democracy” of Georgia, even
though reports from the ground were telling a different story: that Georgia
had attacked Russian peacekeeper with rockets for four hours before Russia
took action.

When are all of the lies and military operations against enemies with
weapons that are banned by International Law going to stop? When is the
United States and Israel going to stop the wholesale slaughter that has
been going on for years now? Most importantly, when are American citizens
going to wake up from their slumber and demand that we stop spending 54% of
the worlds military spending on our military budget? I can write about
international crimes against humanity until my fingers bleed, but until the
majority of Americans wake the hell up and realize that they have been
robbed by the bailouts and tricked into supporting military action against
a phony enemy, nothing will be accomplished.

Until we get rid of corporate personhood and allow other political parties
besides the corporally owned Democrats and Republicans to participate in
national debate, nothing will change. Corporations only care about profit;
they sure as hell don’t care about us Americans except for how to
separate us from our money. The taxpayers just about own most of the banks
now, but the banks can’t even say what they did with the bailout money!
Meanwhile the mainstream media turns a blind eye to everything I have
discussed in this article for fear of reprisals by their corporate
advertisers and the government.

I have said this before and I’ll say it again: If you are not part of the
solution, you are part of the problem. Staying silent while we are robbed
of our Constitutional Rights along with all the Federal money that’s been
squandered makes all silent Americans complicit in their own rape by the
government and the corporations and corporate bankers. Everyday that I
write an article I hope that people will understand exactly what is
happening here. Unless we become aware of exactly what is going on, we will
be left with a gutted dictatorship of the aristocracy. We will be serfs in
our own country, and yes, it’s that bad.

timgatto@hotmail.com

http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2009/01/15/americans-refuse-to-
accept-reality-by-timothy-v-gatto/