[DEHAI] The case of Djibouti's Dirty Work

From: Haile Abraham (haileab99@msn.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2009 - 12:24:54 EST

Selam Seb Dehai, I just couldn't help my bewilderment at the barrage of news reports from several media outlets about the recent so-called "ultimatum" imposed on Eritrea by the UNSC under the pretext "to withdraw its forces from a disputed border region with Djibouti." According to these reports, the UNSC has apparently given Eritrea five weeks to comply with this demand or else.. Oh boy, doesn't this sound like a familiar routine concocted by the Usual Suspects? Well let's see. My first gut reaction was, here we go again with another Jendayi's arm-twisting tactic in her last-ditch effort to punish Eritrea during her last dwindling minutes of her embarrassing career as Assistant Secretary for African Affairs. After all, since her threat and her ensuing 24/7 effort to add Eritrea to the so-called "State sponsor of terror" list has failed embarrassingly, why not influence the UN to do the Dirty Work for her? And the Dirty Work is; accuse, warn, and sanction Eritrea, because essentially that is what the UNSC resolution says.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out that this is the work of an alliance of 3 axes of evil servants, along with the UN. This alliance of 3 Desperados features a schist flip-flopper President of Djibouti, whose only survival is as a Maid of Dies-honor to US and French military bases; a schizophrenic and battered PM of Ethiopia, whose desperation may render him suicidal; and a failed African-American diplomat, whose political career may be haunted by those innocent lives that she failed to save in Africa.

But on the other hand, is there really a boundary issue between Eritrea and Djibouti? May be there is and may be there is not. My recollection is that Djibouti claimed Eritrea had invaded its territory in the area know as Ras Dumera, and that unless Eritrea withdraws from that area it would declare a war, and it did. For his part, as many may recall from PIA's recent interview on EriTV, he referred to Djibouti’s recent declaration of war on Eritrea as "a debt," and that eventually Djibouti would pay its debt.

To me it looks simple. If you have a boundary issue with a neighboring country; you get a boundary commission to arbitrate and verify the boundary lines; you then accept the decision as final and binding and move on with your life. It is that simple and Eritrea has done this with Yemen and both countries have moved on. Eritrea has also done that with Ethiopia (Woyane), but you know the story... And one can trace the origin of the Dirty Work thanks to Jendayi and UNSC, whom they are now continuing their Dirty Work using a tinny poodle as bait.

And that's why I strongly believe that there are no boundary issues between Eritrea and Djibouti that can not be resolved by a boundary commission. However we need to be careful not treat this latest development with business as usual attitude. As we are seeing in the Gaza enclave, the current Administration is trying to inflict as much damage to its Foreign policy as it possibly coud so it can pass on its ugly legacy to the Obama Administration. And obviously some anti-Eritrea folks are perhaps trying to start Eritrean off with the wrong foot with the Obama Administration, but I am sure the farsighted GoE has already figured it out, and the Dirty Work shall soon be a thing of the past along with its Axes of Evil actors.

Haile A.

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.