[DEHAI] Press Release: California-Based Stock Photo Company Releases Comprehensive List of Ethnic Pictures

From: Asghedom Tzeggay-Tefery (Asghedom.Tzeggay-Tefery@micc.gouv.qc.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 19:00:48 EST

PhotoEdit Inc.
Mike Margol

I have browsed the photo release by Photoeditinc.com. I conclude with
one and fundamentale remark: regardless how many pictures one takes that
doesn't make one a pundit about Eritrean matters.

I am sure you like everyone else have seen the photo identified as
PEP675DEN001 001.

I refrain from saying that I am bewildered. I opted to consider the
flagrant mistake, expressed in the remarks pertaining to the photo, as a
mistake. That maybe interpreted, by those knowlegeable, as coming from a
profane.

On the other hand, the mistake may impress those who don't know Eritrea
and Eritreans or who those are biased and cannot speak about it other
than in religious qualifications (such as as a Moslem terrorist
harbouring nation and what have you).

Consequently, here is what one should have noted in the first place:
the author has wrongly defined the picture. From the description, I
have no way of defending the author for it seems he/she hasn't seen the
picture before defining it!

If he/she had seen it and taken a good look, he/she could have noted
what is evident. The Eritrean Adeh (mother) has a boldly expressed CROSS
tatooed on her front! The author has an explanation to do to the fact
since when a CROSS as symbolises ISLAM and what happened to the
CRESCENT!

My point is not about the religion as per say.

My message is about pointing out the flagrant denial of facts when it
comes to Eritrean matters. Eritreans are not Christians or Moslems.
Eritreans are Eritreans. What others want to see is others' problem.

Though all sorts of pundits mushroom there is an accountablity when it
comes to deformation of facts.

Please aknowledge and correct your mistake!

Note: this is a personal message.

Asghedom Tzeggay-Tefery
Montréal, Québec.