[DEHAI] ER editort receives death threats for electing Pres. Afwerki as the person of year (ER)

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 13:18:31 EDT

Woyanne's violent reaction to ER's "Person of the Year"

January 5th, 2009 | Categories: Ethiopia

By Elias Kifle

It was easy to predict how cadres and supporters of the ruling Tigrean
People Liberation Front (Woyanne) would react to Ethiopian Review's
choice of President Issayas Afeworki as "Person of the Year." Woyannes
have committed and continue to commit unspeakable atrocities against
Ethiopians. Because they have no fear of and respect for the leaderless
people of Ethiopia, they carry out their crimes with impunity. On the
other hand, Meles and gang know what they did to Eritreans. The ethnic
cleansing these Woyanne hyenas committed against 500,000 Eritreans is a
crime against humanity and Meles, Seye and all those who participated in
it will be brought to justice sooner or later by the lions of Eritrea.
This is what keeps Woyannes sleepless at night. It is therefore expected
that they would react extremely violently to the choice of Issayas
Afeworki by the most popular Ethiopian online journal as "Person of the
Year." The messages I am receiving on my phone tells it all.

I have saved some of the death threats. Here are two of them (click
below)

http://www.ethiopianreview.com/content/8101
.
So far, Meles and his tribal gang have succeeded in identifying and
eliminating genuine leaders of Ethiopia such as Prof. Asrat Woldeyes. A
people without powerful leaders are easily subjugated by criminal
elements like Woyanne. People who have determined, pragmatic, smart
leaders can fend off against any force. We have seen it in Somalia. A
group of determined leaders with a clear vision of what they want
(removal of the Woyanne invading forces from their country) did not need
more than 3,000 fighters to crush the 300,000 strong Woyanne army.
.
What Ethiopians at the moment lack is such leaders. Fortunately, there
are some who are emerging now, such as the EPPF and Ginbot 7 leaders
whose movements are gaining momentum, thanks, in part, to the assistance
provided by the government of Eritrea. As Somali freedom fighters
succeeded in defeating the Woyanne army with the assistance of Eritrea's
government and Somalis in the Diaspora, so will Ethiopian freedom
fighters. That is the path to victory against Woyanne.
.
Regarding the death threats I am receiving, they will hear it back when
they sit in a court room to defend themselves against charges of war
crimes soon. Please do continue to leave me your messages of death
threats. Here is my number: 202 369 9543.
.