[DEHAI] With all the razzle and dazzle of this piece

From: Adiam Berhane <adiam7_at_mac.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:44:18 -0400

This is a link to an article I keep trying to leave a reply but it wont let me

http://africanarguments.org/2012/05/23/the-bad-news-over-badme-why-ethiopia-won%E2%80%99t-back-down-on-eritrean-border-by-michael-woldemariam/

With all the razzle and dazzle of this piece, it is still an apologetic article written to justify Ethiopia's actions. There is nothing intelligible about Ethiopia's actions, they are a means to get more money and support form the west while distracting the Ethioian population. I wonder if you would be so dismissive if Eritrea was the one ignoring the rulings of EEBC? How did you out it "they did sign on the dotted line". Meles did not accept Eritrea's independence in 1993, he accepted it many years before during the war. If you could be so kind to notice that Eritrean independence is before Ethiopia's Independence, without Eritrea's backing Meles and his faction, he woud not have taken Ethiopia. There was a price for that support and that was getting out of our way in the UN. We did not need them to gain our freedom but they did needed us. Please spare us this characterization of Eritrea as a "bad boy" of the region, it is infantile and shows a clear bias. Your notion that the Eritrean referendum was skewed towards cessation is also laughable, I voted for and it was clear- do you wan to be with Ethiopia or not? The answer was easy. Let us not forget how Eritrea became part of Ethiopia, with the aid of the US and England, not nature and history. When we were annexed there was no consultation with the people of Eritrea, at least John Foster Dulles didn't think we should be consulted. Most Eritreans resented having to do a referendum when we brought about our own emancipation.If the UN paid lip service to our struggle, put up a silly flag and wagged a finger at Ethiopia every 4 years, why should they be there when we had to rebuild our nation? Why should Ethiopians be consulted about what happens in Eritrea, oh I remember because of the Red Sea. I have some news for you, even when Ethiopia the Red Sea it did nothing for them and they did nothing for the Red Sea. I get it , Etiopia is land-locked, but even when they weren't they were still poor,hungry and all because they are corrupt. Ethiopia is Ethiopia's worst enemy.