[DEHAI] As Eritrea Turns 21

From: Bereket Kidane <welela83_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 22:37:01 -0700 (PDT)

As Eritrea prepares to celebrate its 21st birthday, Eritreans around the world will reflect on how far it has come in such a short time.  Eritrea continues to fill us all with awe and admiration.  Despite the biased and false narrative that Eritrea is commonly portrayed with by the global media and internet, the daily reality of Eritreans living in Eritrea (they do live in a world of reality) is that of harmony, hard work and achievement. And the achievements have been impressive!  They are coming fast and furious in all sectors of society.

As we gather to celebrate Eritrea's birthday in our respective cities around the world over the next few days, we need to continue to keep in mind the promise we made to our fallen heroes. Thanks to them, Eritrea was born.  Thanks to them, Eritrea will develop and prosper.  Eritrea's strength has always been its people.

Let the celebrations begin!