[Dehai-WN] Mareeg.com: The ugly side of somlia former president sheikh sheikh Ahmed

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:38:09 +0200

The ugly side of somlia former president sheikh sheikh Ahmed

  _____

12/09/2012

Mareeg.com-What do you know about Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed? He has no
formal education except dugsi quran and thanks to his father who was a well
revered and respected religious man in our clan and other Somali clans. He
later, went to learn Islamic studies he became one of the disciples at
Warsheikh and then became a disciple at Sheikh Nur Hussein but he deviated
the teachings of his father, that of Sheikh Abdi Aw Omer and that of Sheikh
Nur Hussein and embraced Wahaabi to power under false religion.
Nevertheless, after a short stint at Jowhar, Middle Shabelle as religious
court judge was chased away by Mohamed Omer Habeeb akas Mohamed Dheere and
he was nicknamed 'Sharif La Soo Gamay'. After, many trials and tribulations
Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed has corrupted himself into the United Islamic
Courts, the. Asmara Group and soon after he became president he has
abandoned for third time his comrade in arms and found a new home the newly
minted Alle-Sheikh Group. Observers, however of Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed
have noted that, any time he senses failure instead of bowing out gracefully
according to Islamic teachings he becomes hysterical and melodramatic to
find an excuse to quit and abandon his political allies to save himself.
Now, he is looking a new home and mate in the discredited warlords whom he
has defeated them, forcing them into exile and called them all sorts of
names imaginable to assure him the presidency that he is seeking so badly, a
man with no known government or political experience and as well as after as
a president has nothing to show that he has excited, except giving away one
of Somalia's oil reserves at sea to Kenya and parts large portions of the
country's territorial waters to Yemen and Djibouti. It is a leap of faith,
if you I ask for him to depend on the warlords and because it is too late in
the game and it looks like on his part that little thought went into it his
latest scheme to use people as ladder to gain vantage position for the
presidential race. Sadly, his approach is premised on the following: 1. one
unstable variable that the warlords will clear to join the parliament and
lobby for him politically to ascend to the presidency and 2. A false, notion
that when the political lobbying doesn't work; the warlords will use other
tactics such as: death threats, kidnappings and intimidations against the
clans of Darood, Digil and Mirifle, Dir and Others. Sorry, maybe I have
spoken too soon because Prof. Jawaari the new Speaker succumbed to the
pressure and allowed the warlord to join the parliament. Plus, we are still
waiting to hear from Ambassador Augustine Mahiga and the international
community, the Somali Group, the US, EU, UK and Turkey to know the fate of
the list that Mudulood has submitted to them.

Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed had snubbed his own clan Abgal and Mudulood
without a good reason, just they oppose to focus on clan constituency unlike
other clans and so, he couldn't find any clansmen or women to cheer for him
and strangely recognize him as their hero but consider them as a stumbling
block to him. Thus, this rubbishes the notion that Sheikh Sharif is a good
politician who can work with people he doesn't like or admire but he is just
political turn-coat and puppet blinded by unreasonable political ambition
but he has committed one cardinal sin in politics which is to work with your
constituency to move ahead. Obviously, Sheikh Sharif favors other clans over
Abgal and Mudulood and they feel slighted which shouldn't the conduct of a
president who has sworn to serve all people equally without distinction
irrespective of their clan or origin of a region. He has denied them their
participation in the politics and worse in employment which is not important
only for the face of the country and government and can speak volumes about
clan equality and inclusion under the 4.5 Somali Clan Formula. Also, it is
important for harmony and national cohesion and can be a big problem and a
challenge in the long run for the political process, peace and national
reconciliation in the country. Sheikh Sharif has denied Abgal and Mudulood
employment opportunities which not only distorts incomes because salaries
from jobs could have been important source income for many families to form
initial bases for wealth accumulation. Worse, Sheikh Sharif has effectively
excluded Abgal and Mudulood from the driving policy about the things that
matter to them most in TFG. For instance, Abgal and Mudulood are the only
clan that lost key positions in the government that they held under former
president Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed and given to other clans such as: Dir,
Majerteen and Marehan in violation of the Somali Clan Formula of 4.5.
Imagine, Abgal and Mudulood had 4 Ambassadors (i.e., 3 Abgal and 1 Moobleyn)
and strangely he has fired the only non- Abgal Ambassador and replaced him
with Marehan and replaced the only two Director Generals (i.e., Foreign
Affairs that was for the first time was appointed to Hawiye since
independence and Finance) with Majerteen and Dir respectively. On the other
hand, under Sheikh Sharif in TFG Abgal and Mudulood has suffered a forced
brain-drain from the government of people with excellent qualifications and
net loss. Now, Abgal and Mudulood have in the government one Director
General (i.e., Dhagaxtuur) and 4 Generals which only one has graduated from
academy (i.e., Police Gen Osman Gas-Gas) while the other 3 generals in the
military never had any professional training or even set a foot in a
military camp and are clan generals.

Sheikh Sharif has a grudge against Abgal and Mudulood and has denied a
democratic space to participate for them during his tenure in office whether
it is politics or government employment opportunities and a result he has
created imbalances against them which made their proportion significantly
low of their national population. How, can someone govern Somali without
Abgal and Mudulood on board? Thus, I challenge anyone supporting Sheikh
Sharif for president to do an audit of civil servants, military and police
officers which will reveal how badly are humiliated Abgal and Mudulood under
Mohamed Abdullahi Farmaajo and Abdi-weli Mohamed Ali "Gaas" but all thanks
to Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed. In this regard, Shekh Sharif has violated on
countless times the Provisional Charter and without proper nominations and
vetting by the Cabinet as the law requires appointed Ambassadors which to
countries that Somalia didn't have any diplomatic relations and other civil
and servants that didn't include Abgal and Mudulood. In addition, when his
mandate ended with the agreed Road-Map he gave himself a sweeping powers and
made unorthodox and illegal appointments such as: regions, districts, clan
generals and other high ranking civil, military and police officers but none
were Abgal and Mudulood.

Nevertheless, adding insult to an injury Sheikh Sharif has disarmed Abgal
and Mudulood, endangering their peace, safety and security, forced them to
flee their homes after 21 years and los the balance of power in the Capital
City, Mogadishu. Also, Sheikh Sharif has strongly opposed to recognize in
the draft constitution the right of inhabitants of Banadir Region and the
Capital City, Mogadishu to participate politically the affairs of the
country to undermine my efforts in this matter but with no avail. Strangely,
Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed gave the control of Lower Shabelle to Ayr again
under the guidance of clan general Gobaale dashing the hopes of the people
of region after liberated from Al-Shabaab but now faced with the prospect of
buying water from the river from clan militias controlling the region as
before. Of course, don't be surprised to see Gen Yusuf Indha-cade back as a
Governor because Gen Gobaale is going to link up with his former allies
Dohada Jubba to regain control of Lower Jubba, plot hatched by ina farmaajo
after appointing Gen. Dini as Joint Chef of Staff and Gen. Dhunkal in charge
the TFG operations in the area. However, Sheikh Sharif and Farmaajo didn't
include in their arithmetic that the Kenyan Defense Forces lured into the
area by Prof. Gandi and other Ogaden government officials and MPs in Kenya.
Certainly, Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed neglected on purpose Middle Shabelle
which is defenseless at the present after Al-Shabaab and its heavy weapons
left for Kismayo However, the question is, why Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed
firmly leave in the hands of Al-Shabbaab and venture to Lower Jubba and
condemn the people of Lower Shabelle to the status quo?

Finally, in my view Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed's ambition for the presidency
has nothing to do to make Somalia a better place to live where peace,
security and stability, return law and order will be the order of the day
but it gravitates towards self-gratification and personal aggrandizement, so
we must reject and shun him.

Dr. Abdi Mohamed Ulusso